What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Here are the cookies used on this website.
How to Control Cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Ancestor Information Collected
We use an ancestor cookie to store your ancestor and ancestor search information on your local computer or device.
- The ancestor and search information is stored so that it is easier for you to search multiple sites.
- Storing this information also allows you to return to this site to repeat searches.
- The ancestor information will be used only for searching for ancestors on other websites.
- No ancestor or search information is stored on our server.
- The ancestor cookie is stored on your local computer or device for approximately six months.
- Blocking this cookie will adversely affect how this website will work for you.
This site provides users the opportunity to opt-out or delete all ancestor information in the ancestor cookie. Go to Delete Cookie. This deletes the cookie on your local macine or device. It will not delete ancestor search information that may be collected at the other websites that you searched using the Family Tree Searcher website. Barry & Associates, Inc. is not responsible how other websites might use this ancestor information after the search is completed.